What can you use sweetened condensed milk for?
My Favorite Ways to Use Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Turn it into a one-ingredient caramel sauce. One of the most magical things you can do with a can of sweetened condensed milk is turn it into caramel.
- Add it to your morning coffee or tea.
- Make tres leches cake.
- Drizzle it on top of fresh fruit.
- Make rolled ice cream.
What can you do with an opened can of sweetened condensed milk?
Here are a few practical uses for a leftover sweetened condensed milk:
- Sweeten tea and coffee by scooping a dollop of sweetened condensed milk into your mug.
- Drizzle over fresh fruit.
- Substitute half of the milk needed in baking cornbread with condensed milk for an added subtle sweetness.
What can be made of condensed milk?
Condensed milk recipes
- How to make fudge. A star rating of 3.8 out of 5.
- Quick & easy tiramisu. A star rating of 4.3 out of 5.
- Tres leches cake. A star rating of 4.4 out of 5.
- No-churn ice cream. A star rating of 4.4 out of 5.
- Crumbly fudge. A star rating of 4.4 out of 5.
- Plum kulfis.
- Biscuity lime pie.
- Chocolate ice cream.
What can I do with half a cup of sweetened condensed milk?
Milk It: What to Do With the Rest of a Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Upgrade Iced Coffee or Tea. Swapping out skim for sweetened condensed is a decadence we can get down with.
- Justify Making Another Baked Good.
- Turn Sweet Into Savory.
- Add to Ice Cream.
- Make Dulce de Leche.
- Pour it on Literally Anything.
What is condensed milk used for in baking?
In baked goods, condensed milk lends tenderness, moisture, and flavor to the recipe, as well as color to the crust. Condensed milk is very popular for use in desserts and sweets—it’s a prime ingredient in an old-fashioned key lime pie.
How do you store leftover sweetened condensed milk?
How to store condensed milk? As long as the can of condensed milk is unopened, all it needs is a cool and dry place that’s away from heat sources. Once you open it up, transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Can I use sweetened condensed milk instead of whipping cream?
Yes. Condensed milk can be substituted in recipes that call for heavy cream. You can use a 1:1 ratio when replacing heavy cream with condensed milk. Because sweetened condensed milk has added sugar, you will need to reduce the other sugars in your recipe.