What is distribution point group in SCCM?
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Distribution Points (DPs) are servers that hold the Content (files) that are used for all kinds of installations (Packages, Applications, Driver Packages, etc.).
How do I create a distribution point group in SCCM 2012?
Add a new SCCM Distribution Point Server
- Launch the SCCM console.
- Click Administration > Site Configuration. Right click Servers and Site System Roles.
- Select Create Site System Server.
- The Create Site System Server Wizard opens and should help you to install distribution point role.
How do you create a distribution point group?
Create a new group from an existing distribution point
- In the Configuration Manager console, go to the Administration workspace, and select the Distribution Points node.
- In the ribbon, select Add Selected Items, and then select Add Selected Items to New Distribution Point Group.
How do you distribute content on distribution points?
Select the content types that you want to redistribute. On the Home tab of the ribbon, in the Properties group, select Properties. Switch to the Content Locations tab. Select the distribution point or distribution point group to which you want to redistribute the content, and select Redistribute.
How do I find the distribution point in SCCM 2012?
In the Configuration Manager console, go to the Monitoring workspace, expand Distribution Status, and then select the Distribution Point Configuration Status node. Select a distribution point. In the results pane, switch to the Details tab. It displays status information for the distribution point.
What is the difference between application and package in SCCM 2012?
Microsoft SCCM 2012 offers two installation types: applications and packages….Microsoft SCCM packages versus SCCM applications.
|SCCM package||SCCM application|
|Can be executed from the SCCM Distribution Point directly||Needs to be download to the local machine first before installation|
|–||Supports Apple, Google and Windows Store|
How do I distribute a package in SCCM 2012?
- Open the System Centre Configuration Manager console.
- Expand ‘Computer Management’
- Expand ‘Software Distribution’
- Expand ‘Packages’
- Right Click on the folder which corresponds to your software update. ( e.g. Mozilla)
- Select ‘New’ and then ‘Package’
- Enter in the required information.
- Click ‘Next’
How do I check my SCCM distribution point status?
How do I find the distribution point of a log?
First, review DistMgr. log on the site (primary/secondary) where the DP resides.
- Look for ~Processing package entries in the log and identify the package processing thread for the package ID in question.
- Review the filtered log and check if a DP thread was created for the DP in question.