What can you ask someone?
100 Getting to Know You Questions
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
- What motivates you to work hard?
- What is your favorite thing about your career?
How do you respond when you don’t mind?
Fortunately, most people will add clarification to their answer—“No, I don’t mind,” or “Sure, go ahead.” Adding information is a good communication style. If someone wants to answer in the negative but still sound polite, they might say, “Sorry, no. This seat is taken.” Or, “Actually, no. Sorry about that.”
How do you respond to a conversation fast?
Think Fast: 10 Ways To Be Prepared For Any Question
- Listen Attentively. Listen carefully to the very end.
- Focus On The Trigger Word.
- Always Give The Short Answer First.
- Know When To Stop.
- Don’t Repeat A Negative Question.
- Strengthen Your Weak Points.
- Create A Few Slides For Some Answers.
- Use A Structure.
How do you politely decline someone?
How to politely decline
- I’m sorry, but we had to refuse your request to move to another department.
- I’m sorry but I can’t help you, I have something planned out for tomorrow.
- No, I’m afraid I can’t do that for you.
- As I said, I’m afraid I can’t help you at the moment.
Can I ask you or could I ask you?
It is grammatically correct to say, “Could I ask you something.” You could also say, “May I ask you something?” to be extremely polite. “Can I ask you something?” is for a present moment question. Could is related to can.
Can u do me a Favour meaning?
Do me a favor, please, and help me move this. —the phrase Do me a favor is sometimes used in an ironic way when a person wants someone to do something that he or she should do anyway Do me a favor and get home on time for once.
What does it mean when a guy says can I ask you something?
“Can I ask you something” signifies a very polite etiquette. This shows that a person is not imposing and in a polite conversation you have an option to say no if you want to without the speaker minding it.
How do you ask politely if the work is done?
‘Can’ would also be fine to use however. Then, you can add something like “as soon as you are able to”, or add a reasonable but short time-frame that you’d like the task completed by. If it’s urgent, say the day you need the task done by- but hopefully you’d able to make a request before it’s super urgent.
How do you say no to share notes?
You are just sharing a note, even if your share your knowledge you are not going to lose anything. If you don’t want to share, just say “No, I don’t want to share. Please ask someone else ! ”. There is no rule like you should share whatever you have.
How do you respond when put on the spot?
Start slowly. If you do decide to answer the request to contribute, take a quick pause, and then begin by speaking slowly and clearly. Often when we get caught off guard, we speak too fast and get flustered. It’s OK to take a deep breath before you begin.
What does it mean when a guy asks you for a favor?
When people provide support, they feel good about themselves and about you. And on your side, asking for a favor is a sign of intimacy and trust. The fact that you’ve asked for a favor shows that you feel comfortable being indebted to someone — and that suggests a special rapport.
Do not mind me meaning?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English don’t mind mea) used to tell someone not to pay any attention to you If you want to get on and do something, please don’t mind me. b) used when you are annoyed because someone is not paying any attention to you Don’t mind me!
How do you speak confidently on the spot?
Try these seven steps for successful speaking on the spot.
- Relax. You want your voice to sound confident and your brain to think clearly, so you have to be as relaxed as possible.
- Repeat the question, if appropriate.
- Ask a clarifying question.
- Pause and Think.
- Use an organized structure.
- Summarize and Stop.
Can I ask something if you don’t mind?
Both are correct. “If you don’t mind my asking” – Here you’re stating as if “asking” is a noun instead of a verb. You’re asking the listener if he/she doesn’t mind your “asking.” It’s almost as if saying that the person asking the question isn’t the one actually asking it, but the verb itself is the thing asking.
What to ask a girl when she says ask me something?
The questions given below are a bit random, but they are good conversation starters.
- Are you seeing anyone? (to know if she’s single or not) If she says no, act surprised and ask her “How come?
- What’s your zodiac sign?
- Who’s your favorite actor?
- What do you do?
- What’s your favorite color?
How do you respond smartly?
Seven ways to give intelligent answers to questions
- If you are speaking in front of more than 30 people, always repeat the question so everyone can hear it.
- Validate the person asking the question with a brief compliment such as, “That’s a good question.” This sends a message to everyone in the room that you will be nice to people who ask questions.
Should I give my notes to my friend?
Yes, you should definitely give your notes your to your friend to study because by helping others you would bring about a wealth of benefits for those who choose to help and might just be the key to happiness! When you help others, you give off positive vibes, which can rub off on peers and improve your friendships.
How do you politely say no to someone asking for money?
Try the following:
- “I’m not really in a position to lend you money.”
- “I really don’t feel comfortable doing that.”
- “I’m sorry, but no.”
- “That’s really not feasible for me.”
How do I ask a friend for notes?
The art of asking for what you want, Part 1: You have to actually ask.
- First, know what you want.
- Ground yourself in why you’re doing what you’re doing.
- You have to actually ASK for what you want.
- Be direct, clear, and specific about what you want.
- Be selective and targeted about who you ask.
Can you do me a Favour reply?
The polite way to ask is “can you do me a favour?” or “can I ask a favour?”, but that aside, in that context then appropriate responses could be “sure” or “of course” or “yes, what is it?” or “if I can” or “it depends on the favour” – these are all valid and normal (and there are many other options).
Can I ask a Favour from you?
Asking for a favor refers to asking someone to do something for you. Use these phrases to politely ask for a favor. When someone asks you for a favor, you’ll have to either grant it (say yes) or refuse it (say no). Pay special attention to the form of the verb used in each case.
What does if you don’t mind me asking mean?
used in order to be more polite when you say something that could slightly upset, annoy, or embarrass someone: If you don’t mind me saying (so), I think the soup needs a little more salt.
Do you mind if I ask?
This is a way to carefully ask a question that you’re worried might be rude, but that you want to know anyway. For example, if you’re visiting someone’s nice apartment and you want to know if you could afford a similar one, you can ask: This is a really nice place.
How do you reply to Can I ask you something?
What’s the most polite way to answer “can I ask you a question?” If you’re willing to hear them out, then “Yes, you may” is polite, formal and grammatically correct. You are not obligated to answer their question if you don’t want to. You said you’d listen, not that you’d reveal private information.
Can I ask you something or may I ask you something?
May I ask you a question? Asking for permission. In addition, “may” version is more polite than the “can” version. Realistically speaking, both ask for permission and neither is offensive, but yes, “may” is still more polite than “can.”
Do you mind my sitting here?
‘Me’ (and also him, them etc) are object pronouns. Possessives are words such as ‘my ‘your’ and so on. “Do you mind my sitting here?” is the correct form, although you will also here “me” instead of ‘my”.
How can I improve my spot thinking?
- Focus on What’s Important.
- Repeat the Question.
- Call Upon Your Knowledge.
- Take a Deep Breath Before You Do Anything Else.
- Project Confidence.
- Stop Being Afraid.
- Take a Moment of Silence.
- Provide Your Point of View.