How do I fix my sound icon not working?
Fix Sound Icon on Taskbar not working in Windows 10 / 11
- Fix 1 – Restart File explorer.
- Fix 2 – Restart Windows Audio service.
- Fix 3 – Uninstall Realtek driver.
- Fix 4 – Troubleshoot Audio.
- Fix 5 – Add new user.
How do I activate the volume icon?
To activate control in the taskbar:
- Go to Control Panel > and double click on Sound and Audio Devices.
- Then, select Volume in the menu bar and tick the box Place volume icon in the taskbar:
Why is my volume not working on my laptop?
Check to make sure your audio devices aren’t muted and haven’t been disabled. Right-click the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. Make sure none of them are muted.
Why is my volume not working on my iPad?
Go to Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), and drag the Ringer and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you don’t hear any sound, or if your speaker button on the Ringer and Alerts slider is dimmed, your speaker might need service. Contact Apple Support for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Why is the volume key on my laptop not working?
Why are Keyboard Volume keys not working on my computer? Generally, this issue is because of a glitch. The glitch can be in your Keyboard’s driver or in any other software responsible to control your volume. Usually, after unplugging and replugging the issue should be resolved, in the case of the USB keyboard.
How do I turn the volume on?
Setting the incoming call volume
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Sound.
- Set the phone’s ringer volume by touching Volumes or Volume.
- Manipulate the Ringtone slider left or right to specify how loud the phone rings for an incoming call.
- Touch OK to set the ringer volume.
How do I get the volume button to work on my laptop?
1. Use the keyboard volume control on your PC or laptop. If you’re looking for a keyboard shortcut for volume, Windows laptops have multimedia keys for controlling the sound. However, to use them, you have to press-and-hold the Fn key on the keyboard and then the key for the action you want to perform.
Why is my sound not working on my computer Windows 10?
Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver. If updating your Windows 10 audio driver doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Find your sound card in the Device Manager again, then right-click it and select Uninstall. Windows re-installs the driver at the next system reboot.