What is the highest paying therapist job?
Psychiatrist positions are by far the highest-paying jobs for psychology majors. The average salary is $217,798, according to PayScale. A psychiatrist should be licensed as a board-certified psychologist.
What type of therapists make the most?
Highest Paying Psychology Careers
- Psychiatrist. Average Yearly Salary: $216,090.
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist. Average Yearly Salary: $102,530.
- Neuropsychologist. Average Yearly Salary: $93,440.
- Engineering Psychologist.
- Psychology Teacher.
- Clinical Psychologist.
- Counseling Psychologist.
- School Psychologist.
What is the highest paying job in mental health?
High-paying jobs in the psychology field
- Mental health case manager. National average salary: $46,534 per year.
- Guidance counselor. National average salary: $48,992 per year.
- Recreational therapist.
- School psychologist.
- Mental health technician.
- Registered mental health nurse.
- Psychology professor.
- Clinical psychologist.
Where do therapists earn the most?
10 States Where Psychologists Earn the Most Money
- California average psychologist salary: $108,350.
- Oregon average psychologist salary: $103,870.
- New Jersey average psychologist salary: $98,470.
- Hawaii average psychologist salary: $94,550.
- New York average psychologist salary: $94,140.
What type of mental health counselor makes the most money?
Highest-Paying Counseling Jobs: An Overview
- School Counselor. School counselors are some of the highest-paid counselors.
- Career Counselor.
- Marriage Counselor.
- Family Counselor.
- Mental Health Counselor.
- Pediatric Counselor.
- Grief Counselor.
- Geriatric Counselors.
How long does it take to become a therapist?
Most therapists need a bachelor’s degree (which takes four years to earn on average), and then a master’s degree (which takes about two to three years on average to earn) or a doctoral degree (which takes about five to seven years on average to earn).