How do you conditionally format a cell based on value?
On the Home tab, in the Style group, click the arrow next to Conditional Formatting, and then click Highlight Cells Rules. Select the command you want, such as Between, Equal To Text that Contains, or A Date Occurring. Enter the values you want to use, and then select a format.
Can I use conditional formatting to change cell value?
You can use the Conditional Formatting to replace text and NOT effect any formulas. Simply go to the Rule’s format where you will see Number, Font, Border and Fill. Go to the Number tab and select CUSTOM .
How do I change cell color based on cell value?
Re: RE: How do I make excel change the colour of a cell depending on a different cells date?
- Select cell A2.
- click Conditional Formatting on the Home ribbon.
- click New Rule.
- click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
- click into the formula box and enter the formula.
- click the Format button and select a red color.
Can you use an IF statement to color a cell?
You can color-code your formulas using Excel’s conditional formatting tool as follows. Select a single cell (such as cell A1). From the Home tab, select Conditional Formatting, New Rule, and in the resulting New Formatting Rule dialog box, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
How do I apply conditional formatting to an entire column based on one cell?
Re: Conditional formatting for entire row based on data in one cell
- Select any cell in row 1.
- Go to ‘Conditional Formatting>New Rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to format’
- In the formula field paste =$D1=”Shipped”, set the required format and click ‘OK’
How do I format an IF THEN statement in Excel?
You can create a formula-based conditional formatting rule in four easy steps:
- Select the cells you want to format.
- Create a conditional formatting rule, and select the Formula option.
- Enter a formula that returns TRUE or FALSE.
- Set formatting options and save the rule.
How do I change cell value based on text?
Apply conditional formatting based on text in a cell
- Select the cells you want to apply conditional formatting to. Click the first cell in the range, and then drag to the last cell.
- Click HOME > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Text that Contains.
- Select the color format for the text, and click OK.
How do I change the value in an IF statement in Excel?
How to use Replace in Excel
- Select the range of cells where you want to replace text or numbers.
- Press the Ctrl + H shortcut to open the Replace tab of the Excel Find and Replace dialog.
- In the Find what box type the value to search for, and in the Replace with box type the value to replace with.
How do I color code a value in Excel?
Choose a range of numbers and then select Home, Conditional Formatting, Color Scale. Choose one of the built-in three-color choices. Using a color scale, the numbers are assigned various shades of red, yellow, and green based on the number selected.