Why is my iTunes Store Not Working on my iPhone?
Updating your iPhone could potentially fix a software issue preventing the App Store from working properly. Open Settings and tap General -> Software Update. Tap Download and Install or Install Now if an update is available. After updating your iPhone, open the App Store and see if the problem is fixed.
How do you reset the iTunes Store?
How to Reset the iTunes Store Cache
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Click “Edit” at the top of the iTunes window and select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Advanced” tab at the top of the window to switch to it.
- Click the “Reset cache” button and click “OK” to confirm the action.
Is iTunes Store no longer available?
With macOS Catalina, your iTunes media library is now available in the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, Apple Books app, and Apple Podcasts app. And Finder is where you can manage and sync content on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
How do you fix App Store stuck on loading?
Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. App info or See all apps.
- Tap Google Play Store.
- Tap Storage. Clear Cache.
- Tap Clear storage Clear all data. OK.
Why is my apple store disabled?
The most common reason an account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes is you’ve entered the wrong password multiple times. Apple gives you a finite number of chances to enter the correct password before locking you out.
What happens if I reset iTunes store cache?
You won’t lose any photos. Resetting the iPod photo cache can free up space on the iPhone. That’s all. You won’t lose any photos.
How do I clear my iPhone iTunes cache?
Also Know: How to Clear My iPhone iTunes Cache
- First, you need to go to “Settings”.
- Now you can see the blue option saying “Clear History and Website Data”, click on it to clear the cache data.
- Now you will see a popup, tap “Clear History and Data” to delete the app data.
Why does Apple Store keep loading?
Try this – sign out of your account, restart the iPad and then sign in again. Settings>Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off.
Why does App Store say loading?
If an app is stuck at “Loading” or “Installing” due to a corrupt or broken download, deleting it and initiating a new download can help. To do that, start by long-pressing a vacant area of the Home screen to “jiggle” all app icons. Then, follow by tapping the Delete icon to remove the app.