What are the disadvantages of web portal?
Disadvantages of using a Portal:
- Higher complexity.
- Additional testing efforts (test your web applications and test it within a Portal and all its Portal features)
- Additional costs.
- You still have to customize the portal and integrate applications.
- Developers need additional skills besides using a web framework.
Are portlets still used?
The portal server isn’t dead, despite the ongoing consensus within the Java community that the time for portlet development has come and gone. But, the fact remains that companies like HCL still sell licenses to their portal server, and service-based vendors still sign big portal server support contracts.
What is portal and portlets?
A portal is a collection of mini web applications, called portlets. A portal supports features like personalization, content aggregation, authentication, and customization. Portlets act as windowed web applications within the portal, and each window in a portal web page (called a portal page) represents a portlet.
What is a portal framework?
A WebCenter Portal Framework application is a standard ADF web application that includes portal features, like navigation, pages, page templates, content, and more.
What are the advantages of Web portal?
11 Benefits of Web Portal
- Improved Interaction:
- Enhanced Awareness:
- Simplification of Issues related to Integration:
- Offering Single Sign for a Variety of Applications:
- Supports for different Portlets:
- Offer Improved Customization:
- Providing Flexible and User-Friendly Portals:
- Providing Services to Diverse Domains:
Why is Web portal useful?
A web portal can be used to provide the user with personalised information such as employee training, safety manuals or a customer profile. A web portal can also be used to enhance the collaboration of information and improve the way employees, customers and suppliers interact with your business.
Why do companies use portals?
The Basics on Customer Portals Customer portals are secure, self-service websites designed to give businesses the ability to connect and share pertinent account and product information with users, while also allowing the user to easily search, enter, and view information.
What are the advantages of portal?
Benefits of client portals
- Collaboration. You can provide your clients and partners with personalised and specific pieces of information that may be useful to them.
- Present customised content.
- Connected devices.
- Better communication.
- Builds customer loyalty.
- Improved customer service.
- Increased productivity.
What is the use of Liferay portal?
Liferay is an open source enterprise portal which is free and mainly used to enable corporate extranet and intranet. It is a robust web application platform written in Java and offers a host of features useful for the development of portals and websites.
What is enterprise portal technology?
Enterprise portals (EPs) are internet technologies that provide windows into enterprise information, applications and processes. EPs go by many names, including corporate portals, business portals and enterprise information portals.