Is sacrilege a sin?
Sacrilege is a grave sin especially when committed against the Eucharist, for in this sacrament the true Body and Blood of Christ is made substantially present for us.
How do you use sacrilege in a sentence?
Sacrilege in a Sentence 🔉
- It is considered an act of sacrilege for anyone to touch the sacred statue.
- Under the old system of punishment, the church leaders would have stoned Ben for his sacrilege.
- Hank offended everyone in the village when he committed sacrilege by killing the holy cow.
What is an example of a sacrilegious act?
The definition of sacrilegious is an act that destroys, hurts or ruins something sacred. An example of a sacrilegious act is the burning of a cross.
What is religious sacrilege?
Sacrilege is the violation or injurious treatment of a sacred object, site or person. This can take the form of irreverence to sacred persons, places, and things. When the sacrilegious offence is verbal, it is called blasphemy, and when physical, it is often called desecration.
What does Impety mean?
noun, plural im·pi·e·ties. lack of piety; lack of reverence for God or sacred things; irreverence. lack of dutifulness or respect.
How do you use stolid in a sentence?
Stolid sentence example
- His facial features suggested a stolid character.
- He was by no means a handsome man but his facial features suggested a stolid character.
- His rival ‘s stolid indifference put the lawyer out of countenance.
- They are stolid , dependable people, and have more facial hair than anybody else.