Is ClassDojo good for middle school?
Dojo is a fantastic tool for elementary and early middle school, but I am not sure how well it works at the high school level. I teach 7th grade and sometimes their “I don’t care” attitudes make negative Dojo points less effective. ClassDojo is another great tool to add to your toolbox to help manage behavior.
What grade level is ClassDojo appropriate for?
Intended for children under 13.
What is an alternative to ClassDojo?
We have compiled a list of solutions that reviewers voted as the best overall alternatives and competitors to ClassDojo, including Schoology, Remind, Edmodo, and Nearpod.
What is wrong with ClassDojo?
ClassDojo gets character education wrong. ClassDojo judges and labels students by ranking and sorting them and distracts even well-intentioned adults from providing children with the feedback and the guidance they need to learn.
What are the pros and cons of ClassDojo?
- Pros: Behavior tracking, teacher resources, design is tailored for elementary school parents, individualized.
- Cons: Not good for older students, communication is tailored just for parent to teacher, No in-app search feature, Limited coordination/organization tools.
How do I do Dojo points at home?
Give Points at Home with ClassDojo Plus
- Select the “Points” tab in the bottom center of the home screen.
- Select the child to whom you would like to award a point or select “All kids” to give a point to everyone.
- Select the skill you wish to award to automatically add it to your child’s point total and home report.
How do I make a friend Dojo class?
From the Web
- Click on the “+ New Class” tile.
- Enter a name for your class, select your class grade level or year, and choose your sharing points preference.
- Click the blue “Create class” button.
- From your new class, click on the “+ Add students” tile.
- Enter a student’s first and last name.
Is red critter free?
RedCritter pricing starts at $29.99 per user, per month. They do not have a free version. RedCritter offers a free trial.
What do the eggs on ClassDojo mean?
Android. Student avatars will be set to eggs until a student logs into their account, once a student has logged into their account their avatar will “hatch” into a monster! To learn more about how students can log into their account check out this article: How Students Can Log Into ClassDojo.