How do I unregister my Netgear router?
Go to Router Settings and select Remote access for Login as. Login using your NETGEAR account credentials. Select the Offline routers under Router Model. Select Unregister to remove the Offline device from your NETGEAR account.
How do I re register my Netgear router?
To register your NETGEAR router:
- Connect your mobile device to your router’s WiFi network.
- Launch the Nighthawk app.
- Enter your router’s admin password and tap the LOGIN button. The dashboard displays.
- Tap Menu icon located on top left.
- Tap Settings>Router Settings.
- Tap Register Product.
- Sign into your NETGEAR account.
What is the password for NETGEAR?
By default, the www.routerlogin.net user name is admin and the password is password. Newer NETGEAR routers prompt you to change the default password during the setup process for improved security.
What is the warranty on NETGEAR routers?
New NETGEAR products come with a one-year warranty and 90 days of complimentary technical support. Refurbished NETGEAR products come with 90 days of warranty and 90 days of complimentary technical support.
How do I delete an old Netgear account?
Do one of the following:
- Change the settings for the user account. Do the following: Change the settings as needed. You can change the user name, email address, full name, password, user type, and preferred language. Click the X button.
- Delete the user account. Click the Delete user account button.
How do I use a used Netgear router?
To install your older NETGEAR router using a wireless device:
- Power off your DSL or cable modem.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the yellow LAN port of your DSL or cable modem to the yellow Internet port of your NETGEAR router.
- Power on your DSL or cable modem and wait for the LEDs to light solid green.
How do I register my NETGEAR product?
Insight Web Portal
- Go to www.insight.netgear.com and log in to your account.
- Select “Register any NETGEAR device” in the account settings menu, and follow instructions to register a new product*
Will NETGEAR replace my router?
NETGEAR’S RESPONSIBILITIES As long as you fulfill your obligations under “ YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ” above, NETGEAR will replace your product with the same or functionally equivalent product, at its discretion, free of charge (except for shipping charges as provided above).