What is TOK essay out of?
Theory of knowledge (TOK) is assessed through an oral presentation and a 1,600 word essay. It asks students to reflect on the nature of knowledge, and on how we know what we claim to know. TOK is part of the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) core, and is mandatory for all students.
How do you format a TOK essay?
The step-by-step method
- First, write your introduction, using 150-200 words.
- Next write your first development. 2 paragraphs totalling 600 words.
- Now, write another two body paragraphs, looking at your second AOK. Use the same approach you saw in paragraphs 2 and 3.
- Finally, write your ‘conclusion’.
What are the different WOKs?
In TOK, there are eight different ways we can know something — eight different ways of knowing (WOKs).
- Sense Perception.
What is the meaning of aesthetic?
noun. English Language Learners Definition of aesthetic (Entry 2 of 2) : a set of ideas or opinions about beauty or art. : the study of beauty especially in art and literature. : the artistic or beautiful qualities of something.
How do woks work?
“A wok distributes heat very evenly from the base and up the sides, and because of the steep sides, you can move food around in it,” explains Fuchsia Dunlop, the author of Land of Fish and Rice: Recipes from the Culinary Heart of China as well as several books about Chinese cooking.
What is aesthetic knowledge?
Aesthetic knowledge comes from practitioners understanding the look, feel, smell, taste and sound of things. It suggests that aesthetic reflexivity, which involves an opening up and questioning of what is known, is experienced as part of practice as well as a ‘time out’ from practice.
What is empirical knowledge?
1. in philosophy, knowledge gained from experience rather than from innate ideas or deductive reasoning. 2. in the sciences, knowledge gained from experiment and observation rather than from theory.