What do you say to someone who is dying in hospice?
- “I know this wasn’t an easy decision to make.
- “I don’t like this, but we’re going to do our best with this time.”
- “I’m sad, of course, but I’m also glad you’re in a place where you don’t have to fight so hard anymore.”
- “I’m praying for you to feel at peace and to know how much you’re loved.”
What to write on a card to someone who is dying?
Comforting Words for the Terminally Ill
- Thank you for telling me about your illness. I know it must be difficult to share this with people.
- This is so hard. I wish this wasn’t happening to you.
- I’m here in any way you need me.
- How are you holding up?
- Thank you for all you have done for me.
- I love you.
What do you say to a dying relative?
What to Say to Someone Who Is Dying Soon
- “I love you so much.”
- “Thank you for teaching me….”
- “I will never forget when….”
- “My favorite memory we share…..”
- “I’m sorry for…..”
- “I hope you’ll forgive me for…..”
- “It sounds like you’re seeing….”
- “It sounds like you’re hearing….”
What do you write in a card for someone in hospice?
You can try phrases like:
- “Your beautiful smile always brings so much joy.”
- “Just wanted to write and say hi, and that I’m thinking about you and how much I admire you.”
- “Everyone is thinking of you.”
- “Hope today is one of the good days.”
How do you say goodbye to a dying loved one?
Some of the most common are:
- “I love you.” These three words are one of the greatest phrases to use in goodbyes.
- “I forgive you.” or “I’m sorry.” These are powerful goodbye words and can transform you and the person who receives them for a lifetime.
- “Thank you” is another comforting goodbye phrase.