What credit score do I need for Sallie Mae?
Financial. Minimum credit score: mid-600’s. Minimum income: No income minimum. Typical credit score of approved borrowers or co-signers: 749.
What is the minimum credit score for a Discover student loan?
Discover Student Loans Are Best for: Minimum FICO credit score: 660.
What is the easiest school loan to get?
Federal student loans are the easiest to qualify for, since most won’t do a credit check and don’t consider your credit score, and interest rates are the same for all borrowers.
What is Federal parent PLUS loan?
Direct PLUS Loans are federal loans that parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay for college or career school. PLUS loans can help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid.
How can I get a student loan immediately?
If you need a student loan quickly, you have three main options:
- Borrow up to the federal direct loan limit. Before you consider other loan sources, make sure you’re borrowing as much as you can in federal direct student loans.
- Explore emergency aid.
- Compare private student loan options.
Who is eligible for a private student loan?
In order to qualify for a private student loan, you have to be 18 years of age or older and be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Be prepared to show you’re enrolled in an eligible school. Many student loan providers require you to show proof that you’re a student enrolled in college before they’ll approve a loan.
How do you get approved for a private student loan?
Private student loan requirements you’re likely to encounter
- Be enrolled in an eligible school.
- Meet credit and income criteria.
- Be able to apply with a creditworthy cosigner if needed.
- Plan to use the loan for educational expenses.
- Meet age, education and citizenship requirements.