How do I demote a SBS 2011 domain controller?
How To Manually Demote, Remove, and Decommission a SBS Server
- Type “Ntdsutil”, and then press Enter.
- Type “metadata cleanup”, and then press Enter.
- Type “connections”, and then press Enter.
- Type “connect to server “, where is the name of the working DC you want to use to perform the cleanup, and then press Enter.
How to remove SBS?
Please make sure that you had follow the order/steps to remove old SBS:
- Uninstall Exchange Server (if you had installed and configured it).
- Disconnect printers that are directly connected.
- Ensure that Group Policy settings are applied to all client computers.
- Demote the SBS.
Can you demote an SBS server?
Backup the Certificate Authority role and remove it Certificate Services is installed by default in SBS 2008/2011, and it is unlikely to be required moving forward. 99% of the time, you can safely remove this role with no ill effects. If there are no active certificates or pending requests, you should be good to go.
How do I demote a domain controller 2012?
Option 1: Demote a Domain Controller Using Server Manager
- Open Server Manager.
- Select “Remote Roles and Features”
- On the server selection page, select the server you want to demote and click the next button.
- Uncheck “Active Directory Domain Services” on the Server Roles page.
- Select Demote this domain controller.
How do I uninstall Exchange 2010 from SBS 2011?
General steps about removing Exchange from SBS:
- Disable Exchange server mailbox.
- Remove the offline address book from the public folder database.
- Remove the public folder databases.
- Remove the send connector.
- Uninstall exchange server.
How do I find Fsmo roles?
Open and run the command prompt as admin on your domain controller. Enter the command: netdom query fsmo. The output will show all of the FSMO roles and which domain controller holds them.
How do I demote a domain controller with dcpromo?
- Run the dcpromo command from a command line or Start → Run.
- Click Next.
- If the server is the last domain controller in the domain, check the box beside “This server is the last domain controller in the domain.”
- Click Next.
- Type and confirm the password for the local Administrator account.
How do I uninstall Exchange 2010?
Go to Control Panel>Uninstall a program. Click Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 from the list of programs. Click Uninstall. Exchange Server 2010 Setup will start.
Can I delete exchange services?
exchange services handles account data for google, facebook, etc. removing or disabling it can cause system instability.
What does netdom query FSMO do?
Method 1— Netdom query FSMO command-line tool: Netdom is a command-line tool that allows management of Windows domains and trust relationships. The tool has been built into Windows Server OS since 2003 and later editions. It is available if you have the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) server role installed.