How do I contact the NYC Department of Buildings?

How do I contact the NYC Department of Buildings?

  1. Customer Service Window Hours: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
  2. Phone: (212) 393-2411, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
  3. Fax: (347) 788-4598.
  4. Email: [email protected].

WHO issues building permits in NYC?

NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) 120-55 Queens Blvd.

How do I get a construction permit in NYC?

A New York State licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) must submit construction plans to obtain a permit. A Department plan examiner will review the plans for any legal/zoning objections. When objections are satisfied, the Department will approve the application.

What kind of renovations require a permit NYC?

List of some examples of projects that require permits for apartment renovations in NYC:

  • Building or Removing Walls.
  • Adding Rooms or Re-configuring Rooms.
  • Adding a Bathroom.
  • Combining apartments.
  • Apartment Gut Renovations.

How do I find building violations in NYC?

To view violations on your property, access the Buildings Information System (BIS). Refer to the BIS Property Profile Overview for the number of open DOB violations. DOB violations are shown without an asterisk next to the violation number; dismissed DOB violations are shown with an asterisk, e.g., V*7052-18P.

How much do building permits cost in NYC?

New applications for all other buildings seven (7) stories or greater or more than one hundred thousand square feet has increased in the cost per square footage from $0.26 to $0.45 and the minimum fee has increased from $100.00 to $290.00. for each $1,000.00 in excess of $5,000.00 to $2.60 for each $1,000.00.

How long does it take to get a building permit NYC?

On average, most project approvals take between 2 and 4 weeks once the board receives the package and assuming no permits are required. If permits are required, final approval is issued after permits are obtained.

Do I need a permit to remodel my kitchen in NYC?

Most kitchen and bathroom renovations require an ALT2 permit applica- tion, which must be filed by a PE or RA. For example, you’ll need an ALT2 when: Adding a new bathroom; Rerouting gas pipes and adding electrical outlets; or • Moving a load-bearing wall.