When writing assignments, students, with rare exceptions, make various mistakes. However, this fact can have a significant impact on the reduction of the mark for the completed assignment, because the teacher evaluates the student and literacy, too. To avoid bad grades, of course, can take advantage of using cheap writing assignments service.
The ability to recognize mistakes will help students to avoid it. This article discusses the types of mistakes, describes it, and suggests ways to avoid it.
These mistakes are allowed by students directly in the content of the written assignment and are expressed in the following:
- a student wrote in the text something extra that does not match the topic and content of the assignment;
- some event, object or process not described, missing word or a whole sentence;
- the topic of the assignment was not disclosed;
- illogical and incoherent presentation of ideas;
- the distortion of the provided facts.
If you reread the written assignment and you do not like how it is formulated, rewrite it in another way, so that it is consistent, clear and meaningful.
Speech mistakes or defect is expressed in the incorrect use of the language unit. This type of mistakes includes the following:
- the use of the word in the wrong manner;
- inappropriate use of turns speech;
- the mixing of different stylistic techniques;
- the combination of lexical different words;
- repetition in the text of the same words many times or the use of similar meaning words;
- the assumption of the pass of the missing words;
- the monotony of the speech structures;
- violation of the semantic load of the sentence due to its incorrect construction.
To avoid such mistakes in the text of the written assignment, build sentences so that it sounded grammatically correct. Avoid simple sentences, make from it one difficult.
These mistakes are an incorrect construction of the structural unit of speech, non-compliance with one of the grammatical norms. It can be recognized in a structural language unit even out of context. These include:
- non-correct formation of a word or its form;
- misused phrase;
- illiterate sentence;
- combination of direct and indirect speech.
If when writing an assessment you have doubts about the correctness of the construction of a phrase or sentence, to avoid grammatical mistakes, use the dictionary.
These mistakes lay in the wrong spelling of the word. Spelling mistakes are divided into:
- gross mistakes;
- non-gross mistakes;
- one-type mistakes.
This type of mistakes implies the incorrect use of the punctuation mark or its absence in the right place, or the replacement of one punctuation mark by another. Punctuation mistakes happen:
- gross mistakes;
- non-gross mistakes.
Mistake correction technique
To teach the student to work properly on correcting mistakes when writing an assignment, it will be better not to point it out to him specifically, but to say that there are mistakes, but what he should determine himself and give him the opportunity to think about it and carefully recheck the written assignment. Once the student has discovered the mistake, the teacher should discuss with him the nature of the mistake and which spelling is correct.
This method works well when working on mistakes with a group of students, listening to the mistakes of their classmates and learning the correct spelling of certain words, phrases or sentences, students remember the information and use it when writing assignments. No need to scold students for making mistakes, the teacher need to correctly indicate its presence and be sure to praise the student if he did everything right. This will serve as an additional incentive for the student to avoid mistakes in writing assignments.