Choosing the theme of the thesis is a very important point. Writing a thesis paper on a complex, uninteresting, little-studied topic, as a rule, turns into a difficult task. If you do not know what topic and how to choose, it is better not to start the thesis.
Who chooses a thesis topic?
The thesis topic may be chosen by the student or his supervisor. Usually, the choice falls on the shoulders of the student, who selects the most interesting topics from the list proposed by the Department. His supervisor can give advice or assessment of the prospects of the research direction.
How to choose a thesis topic?
There are several ways to choose a thesis topic:
- If you already have a course work of excellent quality, you can write a thesis paper on the same subject, using the existing developments. For these purposes, a report on practice will also be suitable. This method saves time, as you can only supplement the available material. The implementation of the course project earlier allows the student to master the necessary knowledge by the time of the commencement of the thesis research.
- If you already work at an enterprise, you can choose a name based on your practical experience. The ability to access the documentation of the enterprise, knowledge of the real problems of the industry, of course, will improve the quality of the thesis. And you will improve your knowledge in this area and, perhaps, create a project that will improve the work of the organization.
- The thesis can be done on the topic of the most interesting research. For example, if you like the work of Mark Twain, the theme of the thesis may sound like “Features of humour in the early work of Mark Twain.”
However, even after choosing the topic for your thesis paper you may feel insecurity, in this case, use our thesis writing help.
Sometimes the name of the thesis can be formulated thanks to some idea that does not let you go for a long period of time. Who knows, perhaps, having studied the theory and practice on this issue, make a real discovery!
How to formulate a thesis topic?
If you do not know how to choose the topic of the thesis, then make a list of the topics you like the most. Then remove those areas that you think are less promising for development.
This will help you a few tips:
- It is not necessary to choose a little-studied direction, it is better to review in advance whether there is enough information in the public domain on this subject.
- It will be difficult for you to write a thesis if you have a poor command of foreign languages, and literature is presented mainly on them.
- If you do not have access to specialized software products, internal documentation, you do not need to choose a topic that cannot be disclosed without it. Start from their real forces and opportunities.
- Focus on those areas in which there is already material or knowledge. It is very difficult to start from scratch and perform perfectly.
- But you do not need to focus on popular topics, theses which have already been performed dozens of times. The fewer opportunities there are to compare your thesis with others, the better.
Writing a thesis on too narrow or broad topics is equally difficult. In the first case, it is difficult to find the necessary amount of information, and in the second – to select the most important of hundreds of books and scientific articles.
Write a few formulations of the name of the future thesis, which will certainly discuss with your supervisor. It is necessary to separately select the closest to you to discuss them with the teacher.
If you’re interested in the real thesis topics examples, take a look: https://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/list+of+thesis+topics/66367.html.